Our mission: every Christian leader trained and certified!
Suicide has become an epidemic in America!
- Over 40,000 Americans die by suicide every year
- Suicide is the leading cause of “injury” death
- Suicide is the number one cause of death for people between 15 and 49, surpassing cancer
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States
- An American dies by suicide every 13 minutes
- 90% who die by suicide had a diagnosable mental disorder
- 22 veterans kill themselves every day – about 8,000 a year
- One million Americans attempt suicide annually
- Each suicide directly affects an average of 6-10 survivors
No WORD brings more alarm, fear, pain or concern than SUICIDE….
A comprehensive and biblically-based training program to identify and help those who are contemplating suicide is now a reality! The Suicide “PAIR” Certification Program, developed through Light University and the American Association of Christian Counselors, brings together some of the world’s foremost counseling experts.
This innovative curriculum offers what you need to incorporate effective prevention and intervention strategies for your practice or ministry! Cutting-edge techniques include the SAFE-T method and are designed to help educate and equip you to:
More accurately and effectively assess suicide risk
- Create intervention strategies
- Help establish policies and procedures
- Offer systemic and best-practice approaches
- Understand legal and ethical principles
- Become aware of, and provide consideration to, those with serious suicidal behavior, as well as those who struggle with chronic suicidal ideation
Our mission is to help save lives!
No matter your role—seasoned clinician, pastor, school teacher, youth worker, medical professional, law enforcement officer, college administrator or student in training—learning and utilizing a systematic and sequential process for evaluating suicide risk in those you work with can help save lives and provide a buffer against malpractice suits.
It is without a doubt one of counseling’s most difficult issues to address.
Houston Baptist University
President & CEO,
Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee